Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I really should be telling about our trip to GWL

I really should have a post our trip to GWL that was planned for this past Sunday to Tuesday, but The Sick made into our house 36 hours prior to us leaving and our mid winter vacation had to be postponed. Let me tell, Hayleigh was VERY upset with her sister, but when she too started throwing up the day we were suppose to leave she maybe thought is was best that we had changed our plans.

When I booked this getaway a few weeks ago, I booked through Expedia. I had never booked with them before. I now love them! I had read all the fine print regarding changes/cancellations and figured no big deal, I am not planning on changing our plans. That was until the unavoidable happened and we had to change our plans and was going to penalized with one night of our stay. I was not happy, but knew there was nothing I could do about it. It was the hotels policy. I understand to a point why these policies need to put into place, but Emily was throwing up and I knew it was only a matter of time before Hayleigh started too. I was most ticked (putting it mildly) about the $180 (PLUS TAXES) that I was going to be out for just changing our reservation. Anyway, after my sob story and some whining, the nice man at Expedia did some sweet talking with his superior and managed to drop our penalty from $180 down to $25, and he was sorry about the administration fee, but there was nothing they could do about it. I assured him the $25 dollars was really okay. Thank you Sabino!

We are now to be going the beginning of March.......

No comments: