Monday, June 11, 2007

You have to love her for her honesty


Let's face it, Emily has a history of not being able to keep a secret. As much as Brent and I would like to take her shopping for gifts we have learned that if we want to keep the gift a secret it is best to just leave Emily at home and keep her in the dark until the gift is opened. Tonight I was taking the girls to get their hair cut and had to make a trip to Canadian Tire. I had planned on picking up Brent's Father's Day present, but as I was driving there, I remembered that I had Emily with me. I asked the girls if they would keep a secret about daddy's father day present. Hayleigh assured me that she could keep a secret. Emily, on the other hand told me that no, she would probably tell daddy what we bought him. So, we did not buy his father's day present. When we did get home, Emily was sure to tell him that we bought him a red jug that we could put water in when we went camping. I will just let her lead him astray!

No comments: