Thursday, June 7, 2007

As Promised.....


As I started to tell you all, Brent was accepted into the Advanced Agricultural Leadership Program. You can read about it here. It is a nineteen month long course and includes a 10 day North American Study tour and 14 day International Study Tour. I am really excited for him and the opportunity he has been given. I will be a little jealous when he is off seeing the world and I am left at home to take care of the turkeys (and yes Jim, I have no clue how to take care of a turkey!) Apparently, while sipping one too many margaritas in Mexico, I told Brent that if he got into the program I would not only learn how to cultivate and combine, I would also learn everything involved in raising turkeys to help out while he was doing the program. This was some pretty ambitious thinking on my part. Time will tell how I make out.


The picture is from Hayleigh's class trip on Tuesday to McCully Hill Farm and a farm implement dealership. It as a very cold day. We should have packed hats & mitts. Despite the cold, the kids had a good day. I had just Hayleigh and one other little girl in my group this year so it was pretty easy day.

No comments: