Monday, September 10, 2007

And this is only the beginning.....

Last Tuesday, Emily went to meet her new kindergarten teacher and have a peek at her new classroom. The meeting went very well and Emily filled Mrs. Vorstenbosch in on everything she already new about kindergarten as her big sister had already told her everything she ever needed to know about kindergarten. During this meeting Emily was given a homework assignment to be completed by her first day of school. It involved colouring a picture of her favourite teddy bear and filling in the blanks. Two of which required her to write her name. Every night last week I asked her about doing her homework and I was given the "I will do it later" response. Finally, on Saturday, I told her it had to be done and well, this is the look she had the whole time. At one point, I had to get up to answer the phone to only come back and find that she had conned her sister into writing her name on the project. I can only hope for better days ahead, because I think she is showing signs of what I can only imagine to be her father's school work habits, because I know she certainly did not inherit them from me.

No comments: