Sunday, June 17, 2007

New Wheels.....


Two years ago, we gave Hayleigh a bike for her birthday hoping that she would get three years out of it. This year Brent made the comment to me that Hayleigh could really use a new bike and me be 'ol cheapo said that she could get another year out it. Last week, I was watching her ride her bike and realized that I was being one cruel mother if I made her ride that bike for another year. Her knees where pretty much touching her chin. She has had some birthday money burning a hole in her pocket and I really wanted to see her put it to good use and not just another toy. So, I asked her if she wanted to put it towards a new bike and we would pay for the rest. She thought that was great idea and here it is, a new 5 speed bike. She has figured out how to get it up to 5th gear, but getting it back down to 1st is proving to be a challenge.


With the new bike, she has given her old bike to Emily and Emily is learning to ride the two wheeler. It is still a little big for her, but she is getting the hang of it. We are still keeping the her old bike handy for the time being.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy riding girls!!!!