Thursday, May 3, 2007

Another Year Older.....

Yes, I know, I have been slack again at posting, but the truth is life has been a little bit crazy lately. I have come to the conclusion that spring is just a crazy time and there is going to be no way around it. Not only are things crazy busy here at home, it is the same at work and there seems to be no getting away from it.

Hayleigh celebrated her 6th birthday on Monday. She is growing so fast. It seems just like yesterday that she surprised us all by arriving three weeks. I was so unprepared for her it was really pathetic. It is still a wonder to me that they ever let me bring her home from the hospital. We had the grandparents and great grandmas here on Sunday for lunch and then Tuesday night she had a couple of friends over. She was not feeling well last night and then when I went to check on her this morning I saw the little pink spots making their appearance. Yes, she has the chicken pox. She is not terribly sick, just miserable. The spots are not bothering too much at this point, but we are still able to track of how many spots she has. After her bath tonight, I noticed the beginning of many more spots so I imagine when she wakes in the morning it is just there will be not point in counting anymore. Of course, the timing is lousy as we are suppose to be going away tomorrow night and I am planning a shower on Saturday, but we will manage.
Emily is Emily. Right now, she is wishing that she too had the chicken pox. If only she knew. She continues to amaze me as she grows. She is my baby and I always thinking of as that, but she is growing into this little person. One, who right now feels left out because she has not has the chicken pox! I kind of wish she had them right now as well and then we would be done with the chicken pox. I figure she will have them in time for the long weekend!

No comments: